Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Indigo Inflight Meals

Cuisine Recommended: Indian
Shudh Shakahari Meter: 3/5


Cost of Meal for two: Rs. 700

"What do you eat when you are flying Indigo?" a question I was asked by a frequent flier led me to think this is something I should blog about... So post my vacation when I was on my way back from Goa and taking an Indigo flight home, I jumped on the oppurtunity to do just that. 




The Hello 6E Onboard Magazine has an array of food on display.  I was pleasantly surprised that there's a decent food option available to both Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian travelers.  My food of choice was Veg Biryani- simply because its served hot. I also got White Ring Murukku and Nimbu Minute Maid to go with it. 



Food was served in attractive packages in the colours of Indigo Blue. I have eaten this Biryani a couple of times before too and it is one of my favourite options in hot veg food. The instant biryani takes 8 minutes to be ready and is good to taste too. 



White Ring Murukkus are fresh and tastes yumm and crunchy. Its got the right blend of Southern Crunchiness and is prepared in Coimbatore. Minute Maid Nimbu was my choice of drink.



All in all this is a hot, fresh, and yummy vegetarian food choice to eat, while flying Indigo Airlines. Do I still wish they had more hot food options? Yes of course. But while they think and bring out many more options on their menu, this sure is a safe and yummy option to go ahead with! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment