Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Cafe Sol @ Hotel Combermere, Shimla

Cuisine Recommended: Mexican
Shudh Shakahari Meter: 4.5/5
Cost of Meal for two: Rs. 1200


So what happens when your MIL's been raving about a Mexican joint in Shimla and you visit there for vacations? You eat at the food joint of course! And what happens when you see the yummy food, go ooh-aah about it and promptly dive into eating it (as soon as it arrives) and forget to click a pic of the dishes? You visit again to have lunch and click pics of course! Did I mention these are some of the perks of being a New Food Blogger on the block? :P





So let me start by saying I had never heard of this lovely place before I visited Shimla myself, this vacation... Not until my Mom-in-law told us how great the Mexican food here was and just how much she had enjoyed it when she was there a few years ago, on an official trip. So boy am I mighty glad that I finally did eat here! :)


Cafe Sol, a restaurant of the Combermere Hotel Group is known for its Mexican & Italian cuisine and is one place you shouldn't miss eating in, when in Shimla. Its conveniently located next to the lift on the Mall Road. It overlooks a beautiful view of the valley below. The service is absolutely great and the food is totally delicious. 



They have a varied selection of Cocktails and Mocktails to choose from. For our drinks we ordered Virgin Mary & Sunshine Beach. 


They tasted as exotic as their names and looked awesome, too! :)

For our Mexican selection, we chose Veg Enchiladas and Veg Quesadillas and both were totally mouth wateringly yumm! Believe me when I say it, coz I ordered the exact same thing twice :) On two separate days and they were yummm both the times :)





We also ordered a Veg arrabiata pasta and a pizza on separate occasions. They were passable but didn't impress me much. Pasta for one, was quite sweet for my taste pallet. Perfect if you have a child by your side.

We ended our lunch with an egg-less Chocolate truffles for dessert. Made of dark chocolate, it had a scrumptious, rich and lovely taste to it. Watch out weight-watchers! 



All in all, the Mexican in this charming Cafe joint got a thumbs up from me, more so, than the Italian. But then there are very few good mexican joints around anyway. So when in Shimla, you must definitely visit this place and enjoy its charms, thoroughly! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment